- 2024 Admissions for International Students
- 2024 The International Master’s Program of Key Industries
- Application Form for International Student Admission
How to apply for admission?
Huafan University accepts International students during both Spring and Fall semester, for Academic Year. Submit the following documents in the order listed below, clipped together on the upper left corner. Applications will not be accepted if any of the following materials are missing. No submitted documents will be returned.
Application Form and Supporting Documents
(1) Application form with one recent bust photo attached.
(2) The highest-level certificate or equivalent academic attainment and transcript issued by an international education institution (these documents must be translated into Chinese or English), which must be authenticated by a Taiwan's overseas representative office.
(3) Validated financial statement by overseas diplomatic offices indicating sufficient funding for staying in Taiwan.
(4) Two letters of recommendation.
(5) A study plan written in Chinese, including the purpose, duration and expectation.
(6) Application fee: NT$ 1,500（US$50）, and two photocopies of passport.
※The above-mentioned term" Taiwan's overseas representative office" means ROC embassies, consulates, representative offices, trade offices or other agencies authorized by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of ROC.
Procedure for Application：
（1）Applying in person：
Please submit your application with all requirements and deliver it in person or through your representative to the Office of International and Cross-Straits Affairs in HFU. Applications received after the deadline will not be processed.
（2）Applying by mail：
Please submit your application with all requirements and send by post to the following address. The application mail must be postmarked before the deadline of the application submission period, and applications received after the deadline will not be processed.
Address: The Office of International and Cross-Straits Affairs, Huafan University. No.1, Huafan Rd., Shiding Dist., New Taipei City 223, Taiwan (R.O.C.)
（3) Applying by e-mail：
Please email the application form to firstname.lastname@example.org Office of International and Cross-Strait Affairs, Huafan University
Application fee: NT$1,500 (US$50). (The application fee can be paid at the time of registration.)
Application fee and payment
(1) Pay in person or through your representative at the Cashier Section, Office of General Affair on the second floor of the Administration Building on Campus. Please enclose a copy of receipt in your application package.
(2) Should the application fee be remitted to the university account, please enclose a copy of Bank Telegram Transfer receipt in your application package.
Bank Name: First Commercial Bank, YUAN-SHAN Branch.
Beneficiary Name: The Juridical Persons of Huafan University
Account Number: 14050173699
Bank Address: No. 53, Minquan W.RD., Taipei 104, Taiwan, R.O.C.
Definition of international students:
I. An individual of foreign nationality, who has never held nationality status from the Republic of China and does not possess an overseas Chinese student status at the time of their application, is qualified to apply for admission under the Regulation.
II. An individual of foreign nationality, pursuant to the following regulations and who has stayed overseas continuously for no less than 6 years, is also qualified to apply for admission under the Regulation.
(1) An individual who has a nationality status from the Republic of China at the time of their birth but does not hold a household registration must state this - 2 - on their college application.
(2) An individual who has had nationality status from the Republic of China but has no R.O.C. nationality at the time of their application shall have an annulled status regarding their R.O.C. nationality for no less than 8 years after an annulment of their R.O.C. nationality by the Ministry of the Interior.
(3) Regarding individuals mentioned in both of the above subparagraphs they must not have studied in Taiwan under the status of an overseas Chinese nor received placement permission for an academic school year by the University Entrance Committee for Overseas Chinese Students.
※R.O.C. nationality mentioned above is defined in accordance with Article 2 of Nationality Law.
Applicants should submit his or her application to the Office of International and Cross-Straits Affairs during the period of February 1 through July 25, 2024
Dates for Application
Foreign applicants may have an interview, which depends on requirement of the departments or graduate institutes when the application materials are examined. Please pay attention to appointed date and location to interview.
The admission results will be announced on HFU campus and the Internet in Early August, 2024. Admission letter will be mailed to the accepted students individually. The website is https://ica.hfu.edu.tw
Admission Roster Announcement
（1）Admitted students shall be present at the university for registration on the date specified by presenting the proof of application fee and the original copy of passport and diploma (for authentication purpose only, will be returned immediately), or the status of admission shall be revoked.
（2）While an international student who has been admitted to HFU and has arrived at the campus after less than one-third of the first semester has passed, he/she is allowed to enroll for the first semester. If arrived at the campus after more than one-third, he/she will only be allowed to enroll for the second semester.
（3）The admitted students should follow Article 22 of 「 MOE Regulations Regarding International Students Undertaking Studies in Taiwan」. At the time of registration, new international students shall present proof of a medical and injury insurance policy which is valid for at least 4 months from the date the student enters Taiwan. Current students shall present written proof that they have joined Taiwan’s the National Health Insurance Plan.
Admission schedule of 2024 for International Students
|Dates for Application
|During February 1 through July 25, 2024
|Admission Roster Announcement
|Early August, 2024